Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2020 Annual Museum of Biological Diversity Open House! Volunteers are an essential part of the open house and perform a broad range of functions during the event. Most will have direct contact with the public, working alongside the Museum staff to provide visitors with a rewarding experience and a positive view of science and the Museum.
The event is scheduled for Saturday, March 21, 2020 from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Volunteers are expected to check in at their assigned stations no later than 9:00am and stay for the duration of the event.
- Volunteers are required to wear the event t-shirt and name badge.
- Volunteers must be 18 or older.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can volunteer?
We welcome all individuals interested in volunteering, but we give preference to people who have experience or knowledge of biodiversity, museums, outreach events, or those who have volunteered for the Museum Open House in previous years. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
How do I volunteer?
Fill out and submit the Volunteer Application Form. Deadline to volunteer TBA.
I have already volunteered with my contact at the Museum. Do I need to fill out the online form?
Yes. All volunteers are required to fill out the Volunteer Application Form.
How much time do I have to be there?
Volunteers are expected to be at their assigned stations ready to work no later than 9:00am and to stay until all visitors have left, usually around 5:00pm.
I only have time available in the morning of that day, can I still volunteer?
Please discuss your availability with the Mr. George Keeney (email@example.com) before filling out this sheet if you are not available for the whole event.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Participate in a unique outreach event that attracts thousands of people from Columbus and neighboring areas in Central Ohio.
- Opportunity to meet and network with visitors and volunteers.
- An event t-shirt, with a unique design made especially for the volunteers of the Museum Open House.
- Food and refreshments on the day of the event.
What should I wear?
Comfortable shoes and clothes. All volunteers are required to wear the event t-shirt so they can be easily identified as part of the Museum Open House staff. Volunteers assigned to work on outdoor activities might need a jacket and a hat depending on the weather.
Where do I park?
Parking information will be available in the coming weeks. Volunteers wil receive notice via email.
When will I receive confirmation that I was accepted as a volunteer?
Volunteers will receive confirmation and more information after a date TBD.
More questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org